Our children’s class are currently taught at the Cornelius Location; the brochure can be found at the bottom of this page. The base martial art of instruction is: TaeKwonDo.
Martial Art training is a great way for our children to build self-confidence and perseverance. As they are awarded each belt rank, they gain an increased desire to achieve in all endeavors.
Note that we say, “Awarded”. Rank is something that is earned. While the instructor will help in anyway possible, the ultimate responsibility is on the child. Belt’s will not be “given away” or “purchased”. The instructor will never give the unearned.
Students Will Learn:
As partners in your child’s development as good citizens with good moral character, we teach them to only accept what they have earned through their own effort.
- Confidence, Leadership & Integrity: The motivating factors of our school!
- Respect: A key element of martial arts and Kinchen Martial Arts, respect will be taught for instructors, traditions, opponents, and self.
- Practical Self-Defense Sparring: Students will start learning sparring techniques as early as White Belt. After Orange Belt, students will begin to learn controlled sparring techniques and will practice against each other under supervision. Sparring equipment is required for this activity.
- Fitness Activities: Jumping jacks, running, rounds, and various strength training and cardiovascular activities will be implemented.
- Physics: In any physical interaction between two people, both bring a certain amount of energy to the situation. The total amount of potential energy depends on their size, muscle strength, and physical health.
- Anatomy: Students will learn which body parts are used to execute martial arts techniques and how they are applied in a self-defense scenario.
- Sparring gear will be required but can be purchased over time. Sparring gear is not required until after promotion to Orange Belt.
- Students will test for rank only after skills have been demonstrated. Belt Graduation Ceremonies are scheduled & open to all eligible students as determined by Master Kinchen. However, students are not allowed to test until they know the material. We set our students up for success! Ceremonies are usually held on the last Friday of each month. Ceremony fees are $30, which includes belt and certificate of rank.
- We love having families participate together! Relatives of students can participate on a pre-approved basis.)
- We observe all major holidays and school snow days. Please be advised that Master Kinchen lives in Davidson and Cabarrus County. If there is a snow day in these areas or Cornelius, it’s possible that he can’t get to the dojo. Please watch our Website, Facebook & email for information. You can also call. We do not consider teacher training days as holidays & will be open on those days.
- We do not refund for missed classes. Missed classes may be made up during the evening classes with permission from Master Kinchen or Sensei Melissa Kinchen.
- Children under the age of 8 not participating in class MUST have a parent in the dojo at all times. Sorry, NO exceptions.
- Young children may not be left unsupervised in the lobby while a parent participates.
- Kinchen Martial Arts is a local Veteran owned, family run, small business and we greatly appreciate our students purchasing their sparring and martial arts gear from us.