Kinchen Martial Arts offers a martial arts program open ONLY to home school children and their parents, Tuition for the program is $80 per month. There will be a 10% discount subtracted from the total for each additional sibling (i.e., 2nd 10%, 3rd 20%, 4th 30%, etc.), with a maximum discount of 50%. These special rates apply to the home school class only! All of our students are held to the same standards as outlined in our Kinchen Martial Arts Curriculum. $80 registration is required (includes uniform, patches and attendance card). Additional fees apply for sparring equipment, and program upgrades. You can register here.
Students Will Learn:
- Confidence, Leadership & Integrity: The motivating factors of our school!
- Respect: A key element of martial arts and Kinchen Martial Arts, respect will be taught for instructors, traditions, opponents, and self.
- Practical Self-Defense Sparring: Students will start learning sparring techniques as early as White Belt. After Orange Belt, students will begin to learn controlled sparring techniques and will practice against each other under supervision. Sparring equipment is required for this activity.
- Fitness Activities: Jumping jacks, running, rounds, and various strength training and cardiovascular activities will be implemented.
- Physics: In any physical interaction between two people, both bring a certain amount of energy to the situation. The total amount of potential energy depends on their size, muscle strength, and physical health.
- Anatomy: Students will learn which body parts are used to execute martial arts techniques and how they are applied in a self-defense scenario.
- Kinesiology: Also known as human kinetics, kinesiology is the scientific study of human movement. Martial arts students learn how the body moves into, through, and out of specific martial art techniques. They learn the most efficient way to perform martial arts techniques.
- History: Students learn the origin and development of martial arts around the world and their influence on American culture.
- Language: Students will learn basic Korean and Japanese phrases and words that are used during classes.
- Sparring gear will be required after promotion to Orange Belt.
- Students will test for rank only after skills have been demonstrated. Belt Graduation Ceremonies are scheduled & open to all eligible students as determined by Master Kinchen. However, students are not allowed to test until they know the material. We set our students up for success! Ceremonies are usually held on the last Friday of each month.
- We love having families participate together! Relatives of students can participate on a pre-approved basis.)
- We observe all major holidays and school snow days. Please be advised that Master Kinchen lives in Davidson and Cabarrus County. If there is a snow day in these areas or Cornelius, it’s possible that he can’t get to the dojo. Please watch our Website, Facebook Remind App & email for information. You can also call. We do not consider teacher training days as holidays & will be open on those days.
- We do not refund for missed classes. Missed classes may be made up during the evening classes with permission from Master Kinchen or Sensei Melissa Kinchen.
- Children under the age of 8 not participating in class MUST have a parent in the dojo at all times. Sorry, NO exceptions.
- Young children may not be left unsupervised in the lobby while a parent participates.
- Kinchen Martial Arts is a local Veteran owned, family run, small business and we greatly appreciate our students purchasing their sparring and martial arts gear from us.