Students Will Learn:
- Confidence, Leadership & Integrity: The motivating factors of our school!
- Respect: A key element of martial arts and Kinchen Martial Arts, respect will be taught for instructors, traditions, opponents, and self.
- Practical Self-Defense Sparring: Students will start learning sparring techniques as early as White Belt. After Orange Belt, students will begin to learn controlled sparring techniques and will practice against each other under supervision. Sparring equipment is required for this activity.
- Fitness Activities: Jumping jacks, running, rounds, and various strength training and cardiovascular activities will be implemented.
- Physics: In any physical interaction between two people, both bring a certain amount of energy to the situation. The total amount of potential energy depends on their size, muscle strength, and physical health.
- Anatomy: Students will learn which body parts are used to execute martial arts techniques and how they are applied in a self-defense scenario.
- Kinesiology: Also known as human kinetics, kinesiology is the scientific study of human movement. Martial arts students learn how the body moves into, through, and out of specific martial art techniques. They learn the most efficient way to perform martial arts techniques.
- History: Students learn the origin and development of martial arts around the world and their influence on American culture.
- Language: Students will learn basic Korean and Japanese phrases and words that are used during classes.